Busy Little Kinders

The hustle and bustle of this time of year tends to become overwhelming.  But these little darlings always bring the joy and the innocence back to Christmas.

We started our week off learning about elves...


This little elf made a pretty good s"elf" portrait...{I crack myself up}

Santa, Santa!


 We made these trees {from Little Giraffes}.  I have the kiddos take equal sized strips and glue them to the brown trunk.  Then we move from the bottom up and cut a little off each branch as we move up to the star.



I tell read the Legend of the Poinsettia by Tomie dePaola.  Then then they make a poinsettia of their own.


.....On to candy cane patterns....




Polar Express Day
I put together a "special delivery" from the North Pole that gets mysteriously left at the front desk and the receptionist.  Inside is a letter {see below} from the Big Man himself.  Also inside were frozen silver bells, one for each child.  I love the looks on their sweet, innocent, little faces as I read the letter and hand them each a frozen bell.


{Yes, I am wearing footed penguin PJs.  So comfortable!}







Christmas M&M Counting










 Polar Express Trains


Movie and Hot Cocoa Time
{whip cream, sprinkles, and a peppermint stick}


















 What a magical week we had.  Four and a half days to go...four and a half very, very busy days to go!  Have a super week friends!

6 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm jealous of your footed pajamas. I need a pair of those in my life.

    Second, I love all of the activities you posted. Especially the polar express art. Very cute. I feel like I want to copy that and have my kids do it this week. If I can get it together. This week is going to be all kinds of crazy.

    Third, is that a reading loft that I spy in your classroom? If so then I'm jealous of that too. I'm jealous of your pajamas and your loft. I guess I'm just jealous of you tonight.

    Our Polar Express day is on Friday...and then we're out for two weeks! Hooray! Have a happy last week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your candy canes!! TOO CUTE! I would love to do that in my classroom. Your christmas trees are adorable too. I used to do something similar in my classroom but we put them on christmas cards instead. Thanks for sharing!!

    Edana
    -colormekinder.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am a new follower! I saw that you got a new blogger award and came here to see what you are up to. I love all of your art! I hope you will come by my new blog too!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanya!! I always love to meet other Catolic School teachers!! Yeah!!! I teach at St. Jude Catholic School in Boca Raton, FL!! We also just had our Kindergarten Christmas Show!! They are so darling when the dress in their ostumes!! So sweet and innocent!! Even my donkey!! Lol!! I love your blog and would love to chat sometime about Professional Development at your school!! Merry Christmas and Blessings in the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by from the linky party! I love your m&m county activity. I'm pinning it, so I remember to do something like this next Christmas! I'm your newest follower in GFC!

    Lisa
    Criss-Cross Applesauce

    ReplyDelete