There's Some CUH-RAZY Busy Learning Going On!

I can't believe it's already the last week of September!  I've been getting ready for parent- teacher conferences that are coming up this Friday.  Busy, busy, busy!  Here are some pictures from our learning centers over the past two weeks:

Handwriting Without Tears 
Learning our "letter lines" with a twist of creativity.
Math Work
My happy little learners!

Long ago I did away with the traditional birthday treats of cookies, cupcakes, and sweets {oh my!}.  For a couple of reasons: 1. some of the treats that were coming in had the amount of sugar that equaled the weight of a small child and 2. I had a parent many moons ago, that thought it would be okay to have a full on birthday party smack dab in the middle of the day...during class...family, presents, and a sheet cake that I needed to cut and serve. Not even kidding here.
This is how we celebrate birthdays in the classroom.  I have the birthday boy or girl bring in a Birthday Book to donate to the classroom.  I don't expect brand new books and the best part is I ask the parents to wrap the book so the birthday boy or girl can unwrap and share the book with the class.
  Our very first birthday celebration of the year....

Happy Birthday!

Meeting our Eighth Grade Big Buddies.  I LOVE watching how these kids take care of each other and being part of new friendships.  I had most of these 8th graders in kindergarten.  It's so wonderful watching them grow into young adults!

More Learning Centers
Magic Reading Glasses {and whisper phones}
The Librarians are reporting on books they recommend for their classmates to read while in the Reading Loft.
Listening Center

My little learners are adjusting to our new center rotations and have been working like little angels!  They are so adorable and I just want to eat them up!

Ended the week with this biggest kid in the school, Mr. Strawbridge {our 6' 4" principal} reading to a couple of kids IN the reading loft...

Have a SUPER FAB week!

3 comments:

  1. Aww thanks for sharing the cute pictures! You have definitely been busy!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool principal you have! And busy bees working in your classroom!!

    ❤ -Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good article,Thank you
    For sofa renovation contact thesofastore they gives best
    Sofa Refurbishing in HSR Laout,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete