You Know You're a Kindergarten Teacher When:

~ you find plastic bugs and marbles in the bottom of your washer
~ you look forward to the next pajama day more than the kids do
~ you get super excited to open the new pack of multi-colored Sharpies
~ you laugh out loud at a the "why did the kids cross the playground?" joke....(answer: to get to the other SLIDE.... : )
~ you have a stack of heartfelt notes that read: Yu r the bst tchr i evr had, with lots of pink flowers and a big smiling sun
~ you have a pair of socks and a coffee mug to go with every theme unit
~ you base your car purchase on how many Rubbermaid tubs full of books will fit in the back
~ you LOVE the Magic School Bus and wish you could be as cool as "The Friz"
~ during "rest-time" you feel like you are in a live version of Whack-a-Mole (but without the banger thing), because you are continually telling the kids "put your head down"
~ you have actually told a child to not lick their shoes
~ you LOVE a brand new, freshly opened box of Crayola crayons
~ your husband, on more than one occasion as asked you kindly to not treat him like a kindergartener (even though he's acting like one)
~ last, but surly not least, you can't imagine your life without having the most rewarding job in the world being a KINDERGARTEN TEACHER

5 comments:

  1. I can totally relate!!! Thanks for making me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Goodness!! I did! I did! I laughed so hard at the slide joke! Thank you!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith’s Classroom Ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! The lick your shoes comment is priceless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sharpies! And, that slide joke is great, I can't wait to share it with my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to tell you all too that it was my husband (he brought me lunch one day) that caught one of my kiddos licking his shoe. My back was to the class and he was handing me my bag of yumminess (Italian sausage sub sandwich with salt and vinegar chips) and his eyes got really big and in a really monotoned disgusted voice, said "hey, you might want to tell that kid to stop licking his shoes". He turned and ran as fast as he could outta my room. : )

    Also, I received $27.00 in free coupons from Staples, hmmm, what to purchase....??? AHA! Fresh. New. Sharpies.

    ReplyDelete