I Found My Motivation at the I Teach K Conference

Some of you may know that for the past two years, not only was I a kindergarten teacher, but also the director of the the before/after school care AND summer camp.  Needless to say I was burning the candle at both ends and the flame was slowly dying.  I finally had enough and told my principal to put a fork in me - I'M DONE!!!

I reclaimed my summer to regroup, refresh, and attend the I Teach K conference in Vegas.  Now, I've attended this conference in the past, but have never experienced it with so many amazing teachers/bloggers.  I have made new friends that have shared their passion and enthusiasm with me.  I am happy to say that my little ole flame is now shining as bright as the olympic torch again!
Thank you all a million times over for sharing your classroom expertise with so many!!!
I love you all!

AMAZING friends!
Adrienne Korbel, THE Fran Kramer of Kindergarten Crayons {love her}, and my new sweet friend Alessia Albanese of Mrs. Albanese's Kindergarten Class

Vegas Blogger Meet-Up
Alessia Albanese and  Deanna Jump of Mrs. Jump's Kindergarten Class.  Deanna is a kindergarten superstar.  It was a wonderful treat to meet her in person.

Alessia Albanese and Anna Brantley of  Crazy for First Grade.
Hot {like 105 degrees hot} night on the Vegas strip with Adrienne Korbel.
We became fast friends and I will treasure her sweetness forever!
Day 4 of the Conference
{don't mind the bags under my eyes or the horrible lighting in these photos}
With Fran Kramer
With Deedee Wills from Mrs. Wills Kindergarten.  I have been a follower of Deedee for quite some time.
She is funny, sweet and welcoming!!!
Now, back to reality.  I decided to stop into to check on the progress of my classroom.  When we left for the summer we had to pack EVERYTHING {first time in 12 years} for the replacement of flooring and asbestos removal.  I went from carpet to tile floors.  Thank.The.Lord!  Who puts carpeting in a kindergarten classroom anyway?  I have a clean slate to work with.  Exciting!




I made my way to Ikea and found these little treasures for center organization...




In my new found motivation, I decided to dig into the mountain of boxes I piled into the garage.  These are my teacher resource books.  Some of these are brand spankin' new...and never used.  I'm following the rule, if it hasn't been used in 2 years...toss it!  I have a pile of things to share, things to sell, and my piles by genre.  Anyone ever sell on ebay or Craigslist? 
Of course my furry {lazy} administrative assistant has to have her paw in everything I do. 


I'll check back soon friends!





4 comments:

  1. you're so cute T! I love the turquoisy swirly dress! glad you are feeling refreshed and motivated... I'm not there yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found some cute stuff for your "new" room! The pictures look great and the conference seems amazing. Glad you got your spark back!! Renee

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fun meeting and hanging with you at the conference! Next time I am coming alone so I have more free time to hang with teachers! Lol. I love your stuff from IKEA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop by my blog; I nominated you for a couple awards! :o)
    LeAnne
    Hangin' with Mrs. Cooper

    ReplyDelete