I'm A Professional Bathroom Singer ; )

Those of you that know me, know that I am never without music!  I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv music!  All types of music.  I have a very eclectic collection from Dean Martin to Jay-Z, Hank Williams to Chopin on my iPod.  I love to push shuffle and just feel what come on.  I come from a family of musicians~but I consider myself to be a PROFESSIONAL bathroom/car singer.  I cannot read music for the life of me, but have the strange ability to pick up an instrument and play by ear.

I saw this Linky Party today that Amanda over at Teaching Maddness is hosting, 
and had to Jump On It {Fresh Prince & Carlton}.


So, here goes.  
I play lots of music throughout the day in my classroom.  I especially love these...


ANY of the Putumayo discs fit well daily in the classroom.


I play a variety of music for the kiddos including:
LOTS of classical aka our "thinking" music
Frank Sinatra
Bob Marley
Dr. Jean
Greg and Steve
Jack Hartman
Ella Fitzgerald
Jack Johnson

And the list goes on...and on......only to....


Have a great day friends!

7 comments:

  1. These are wonderful selections. I gotta check out that Jazz for Kids CD as well as Putumayo World Music. I am always on the lookout for new great background tunes.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya, Thanks for linking up with the party! You shared some great CDs that I've never heard of...I'm definitely going to check out that Beatles one! :) I'm your newest follower!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness
    Come join my 300 Follower Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The title of your post cracked me up!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's a professional bathroom singer! Thanks for sharing these selections. I haven't heard of these yet so I look forward to exploring them more. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny! I love that your list has Jack Hartmann right before Ella Fitzgerald! Ha! I'm sure Jack would be thrilled to know he rates right up there with the best of them! :)

    I added your blog to my new list of blogs at Kindergarten Network. Stop by sometime and check it out when you have a chance and let me know if I left out any details you would like me to add.

    Blessings,
    Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten
    Kindergarten Network

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only sing within the walls of my classroom. I'm giving you an award, swing by when you get a chance :)
    ☼Libby
    First Grade Dual

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so far behind on my blogging and blog reading! I had to come see what you were up to. The fact that you mentioned you listened to Jay-Z makes me like you even more. I love him. Did you end up going to Vegas? If you did, I want to hear all about it! I WILL make it there next year. I need to start a fundraising campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!
    For sofa renovation contact thesofastore they gives best
    Sofa Refurbishing in Doddakallasandra,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete